Entrepreneurship Development Training
The jointly cooperation between the Thai’s Ministry of Industry and five recognized Thais’ universities, Thammasat, Suranaree,
Khon Kaen, Chiangmai and Prince’s Songkhla Nakarin University will be organizing training courses on small and medium enterprises – SME
for Thai who intend to set up business. The training courses will be organized full time and participants who attend the course should
be spent most of their time at the campus for training. The target numbers of trained personal of this project is expected to be about 30,000 trainees.
Training materials will be focus on the following topics:
- New business registration under the Thai government regulation
- Negotiation with financial institutions for financial aid and loan support
- Business administration and management
- Production Management
- Sales and marketing including exporting
On this regard, Thammasat University at Rangsit Campus will take lead role for the center of the training project network.
According to the cabinet meeting on 5th April 1999, The royal Thai government have approved budget
for amount of 2,100 million Baht to support this project and it is already implementing training course.
While the existing small and medium size enterprises are also supported by this policy for:
- Funding support on liquidity of the firm for amount of 55,000 Million Baht
- Approved SME Bill by the cabinet on March 31, 1999
- Established Institute for SME Development-ISMED
- Set up SME supporting venture capital fund
Finally, the Thai government is also looking for opportunities to establish a specific SME banking system, if possible.
Note: Abstract from “Chai Kha” column pp6, Thairath newspaper, dated 7 April 1999
BACK TO HOMEPAGE